Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tuesday Teaser - Zenobia is thankful to her mother for saving her life.


In book two, Zenobia - Challenging a Legend the education Zenobia receives is not always in the classroom. As a mother, Zelina is afraid of where these lessons may lead her daughter. Read some sentences from this scene below. 




Zenobia tried to reassure her. “I need to know these matters to know the Greek and Roman cultures. And I will need to know those societies if I get to rule someday. That does not mean I am drawn to those ways of life.”
.....
"You had to defend me from the morals of our tribe to save my life! In my view, you are the most courageously righteous person I have ever known.” Zenobia was silent briefly, then she added, “I get my love of justice from you. I hope I can live up to your example. 

Zelina could not hold back her tears, and she was too choked up to reply.
Zenobia continued, “Therefore, I respect your words, as I respect your person. But do not worry about me being influenced by Roman or Greek ideology. I am committed to my course.”


Picture by Howard David Johnson http://www.howarddavidjohnson.com/


Zenobia is thankful to her mother because she saved her life. I believe that experience is what molded her into a warrior and a queen. She found out very young that life is not fair. This becomes a life long goal to seek justice.

"Be thankful for all the struggles you go through. They make you stronger, wiser and humble. Don't let it break you, let it make you." - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment