Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thinking Thursday - My favorite scenes from Zenobia - Birth of a Legend


As the end of the year is quickly upon us, (and as some think the end of the world)  I think back to all the things I've learned from doing Thinking Thursdays and what Zenobia has taught me.
I have many favorites parts in Zenobia – Birth of a Legend. If I had to narrow it down I’d say the end of the book with the horse race is by far the most exciting part. (The lion attack scene is pretty intense.  If you haven’t watched our book trailer of that scene, please check it out 
I can’t really share to much of the horse race because of spoilers, so I’ll share my next favorite scene where Zenobia visits the Pyramids.
I myself haven’t been to the Pyramids, but Russ Wallace visited them when researching his book. When Zenobia is in the Pyramids, I imagine Russ took a lot of his own personal experience of being there and put it into the scene. I hope someday to visit them myself but for now I’ll just reread Zenobia’s account and feel like I’m there.
Here is a scene in Chapter 30:
     The room in the pyramid were as Cam stated, empty and not especially impressive. However, Zenobia was amazed at how confined she felt inside, almost as if the walls were pressing in on her. It was not only that the tunnels were so tight, but also that the massive stones were unyielding. The torches that they had bought outside from a vendor did not do a very good job of dispelling the pervasive darkness. “It feels like a tomb in here,” she had remarked. It was an uncomfortable feeling different from any she had ever had, and she was glad to leave the structure and return to open air. 
     The tour of the complex was more extensive than the night before, but some of the mystery was missing. Nevertheless, the massiveness of the pyramids was even plainer to see, and the vista confirmed that she would carry the awesome feeling with her for the rest of her life….
     

1 comment:

  1. Great job - I love your Thinking Thursdays and Tuesday Teasers! I want to go to the pyramids someday as well. Go Zenobia!

    ReplyDelete